STEVAL-SPIN3202: 3-Phase BLDC Driver with Embedded STM32 MCU
The STEVAL-SPIN3202 evaluation board provides a complete single-shunt six-step solution consisting of an STSPIN32F0A (advanced BLDC controller with an embedded STM32 MCU) and a triple half-bridge power stage with the NMOS STD140N6F7.
The STSPIN32F0A autonomously generates all the required supply voltages starting from the motor supply: the internal DC/DC buck converter provides 3.3 V and the internal linear regulator provides 12 V for the gate drivers.
The current feedback signal conditioning is performed through the operational amplifiers embedded in the device and an internal comparator performs overcurrent protection via the shunt resistor.
Two user buttons, two LEDs and a trimmer are available to implement simple user interfaces (e.g., starting/stopping the motor and set target speed).
The STEVAL-SPIN3202 evaluation board supports the quadrature encoder and digital Hall sensors for motor position feedback. It also provides the circuitry to sense the motor BEMF (sensorless operation).
The board includes an ST-LINK-V2 which allows the user to debug and download firmware without any extra hardware.bThe board also supports sensored or sensorless Field Oriented Control algorithm with single-shunt sensing.
|Eval Board Part Number||497-17651-ND|
|Eval Board Supplier||STMicroelectronics|
Normally In Stock
7 ~ 45 V
|Number of Motors and Type||
1, 3-Ph BLDC Motor
1, 3-Ph BLDC, Sensorless
1, 3-Ph PMSM Motor
1, 3-Ph PMSM, Sensorlesss
|Power / Current Out||
15 A RMS per Phase
GUI / Design Software
LDO Regulator(s), On-Chip
Over Current Protection
Sensorless Control (FOC)
Under Voltage Protection, Brown-Out
|Component Count + Extras||
157 + 34
|Application / Target Market||
|Main I.C. Base Part||
Support Documents & Media
- STEVAL-SPIN3202 - Product Specifications
- STEVAL-SPIN3202 - User Guide
- STSW-SPIN3202 - Firmware Package User Guide
- Using STM32 motor control workbench with STSPIN32F0 and STSPIN32F0A
- STSPIN32F0A - Datasheet
- STEVAL-SPIN3202 - Bill of Materials
- STEVAL-SPIN3202 - Gerber Files
- STEVAL-SPIN3202 - Schematics
- STSW-LINK007 - ST-LINK, ST-LINK/V2, ST-LINK/V2-1, STLINK-V3 boards firmware upgrade
- STSW-LINK009 - ST-LINK, ST-LINK/V2, ST-LINK/V2-1 USB driver signed for Windows7, Windows8, Windows10
- STSW-SPIN3202 - Six-step motor driving library for STSPIN32F0 and STSPIN32F0A